Thursday, September 24, 2009

What are the odds of that?



Last weekend/Monday (Sept. 14) I caught a cold, and so I figured I was probably done getting sick for a while. I was WAY off. I caught a different cold this Monday! Seriously??? The doctor said there are literally thousands of viruses, and you could catch a different one every week. So now I am hoping I don't get sick for a while. And Dylan has a cough and stuffy nose so hopefully he's not getting one too. But, I feel fine. I didn’t in the beginning when I could not stop throwing up from the medicine that I had to take after a minor surgery on my leg. So anyway I can't wait till we are all back to normal again!

Monday afternoon (Sept 21) Megan and I got our surgeries done. About a month ago we both had to get moles taken off, and the biopsy results came back precancerous. Basically, if we wait a couple of years it could turn into cancer. They had to do a surgery to take more tissue away, so now we don't have that to worry about. It wasn't bad. They don't put you out or anything like that. They just numb it and you don't feel the rest. Anyway, we both have to get all our moles checked every three months now until there are no more bad ones like that, and we have to wear sunscreen all the time. We basically do anyway, so that’s not too bad. I guess we inherited it; it's just in our family. Oh yeah, Megan's surgery was just under her hair line on her forehead so you don't really see it, and mine is on my left leg, so if I want it to heal right I can't really put pressure on it. And I've been on crutches since then. I have been just hobbling around.

Megan got her stitches out yesterday, Sept 30. She is now playing volleyball again, so yay for her. My stitches come out Monday, Oct. 5, but today will be my first day back at swim team. I know I will be tough since I haven’t been able to do very much lately.

4 comments:

Kirstie said...

stitches came out just fine!

nanamoo said...

Glad to know that you are all taken care of :)

Silcock Family said...

That was very interesting! I had no idea. Sorry about that but I'm sure by now they are all healed up!

Kirstie said...

yeah, all better now! I had to be on crutches for a week though. No fun! Glad its over though.:)